- Medical Officer of Health at the Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Pro to the question "Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?"
“Immunization is one of the most important steps you can take to ensure your baby’s current and future health. Since immunization was first invented, it has saved hundreds of thousands of children’s lives…
Vaccines have proven extremely effective in controlling and even eradicating some major childhood diseases. Indeed, smallpox – a severe and often fatal disease which used to be common among children – has been entirely wiped out by worldwide immunization…
Generally, vaccines are safe and very effective. In my mind, the benefits of immunization far outweigh any risks. The bottom line is that I believe that vaccines are safe and necessary – my children are fully vaccinated.”
“Should My Child Be Vaccinated,” drpaul.com (accessed Jan. 22, 2010)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to vaccines and healthcare. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to vaccines and healthcare.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Medical Officer of Health, Eastern Ontario Health Unit, 2007-present
- Founder and Owner, Autograph Communications Inc., 1991-present
- Former Director of Multiformat Health Communications, McGill University, 1999-2001
- Founder and former director, Asthma Centre and Pediatric Consultation Centre, Montreal Children’s Hospital
- MPH, Bloomberg School of Public Health at the Johns Hopkins University, 2009
- MD, McGill University, 1983
- BS, McGill University, 1979
- Contact Info:
- Music producer and owner of Autograph Records Inc.