- US Senator (R-FL)
- Pro to the question "Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?"
“Absolutely, all children in America should be vaccinated. Unless their immune (system is) suppressed, obviously, for medical exemptions, but I believe that all children, as is the law in most states in this country, before they can attend school, have to be vaccinated for a certain panel.”
Frank Thorp V and Leigh Ann Caldwell, “Rubio and Jindal Latest to Weigh in on Vaccine Debate,” nbcnews.com, Feb. 3, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to vaccines and healthcare. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to vaccines and healthcare.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US Senator (R-FL), 2011-present
- Member, US Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
- Member, US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Member, US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, US Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Visiting Professor, Metropolitan Center, Florida International University, 2008-2010
- Political Analyst, Univision, 2008
- Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, 2007-2008
- Member, Florida House of Representatives, 2000-2008
- Former Florida Chairman, GOPAC
- Former City Commissioner, West Miami, FL
- Former attorney
- JD, cum laude, University of Miami Florida, 1996
- BS, Political Science, University of Florida, 1993
- Attended Santa Fe College
- Attended Tarkio College
- Has four children with wife Jeanette, a former cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins football team.
- Twitter handle: @marcorubio
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?