- Senior Managing Editor for FOX News Channel's Health News
- Pro to the question "Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?"
“I am calling on the federal government to mandate vaccinations for all children, and to eliminate all of the silly loopholes that are creating chaos in so many communities throughout America. Vaccinations are not only about the individual, but they are also meant to protect the lives of others.
As we have seen over the past several weeks, measles, and other communicable diseases that were all but eradicated decades ago, are popping up across the country, and putting people’s lives in danger.
Basic childhood vaccines should be the legal requirement of every citizen in this country, except in the case of medical contraindications. However, those exclusions should only be granted by a physician or health care provider. It is not for the parent, or consumer advocate to offer an opinion that prevents a child from receiving a vaccination. All these opinions serve to do is confuse the caregiver and possibly even misinform them, which could have fatal implications for the child.”
“Dr. Manny: Should Obama Make Vaccines Mandatory for All Children?,” foxnews.com, Jan. 30, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to vaccines and healthcare. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to vaccines and healthcare.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Managing Editor, FOX News Channel’s Health News
- Chairman of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science, Hackensack University Medical Center, 1996-present
- Adjunct Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University School of Medicine
- Board Member, Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation
- Member, Celia Cruz Foundation
- Man of the Year, New Jersey SEEDS, 2004
- Former Health Science Reporter, Telemundo
- Former Fellow, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Critical Care Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Former Obstetrics/Gynecology Resident, St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center
- MD, Universidad Central del Este (Dominican Republic), 1981
- Contact Info:
- Born in Cuba
- Twitter handle: @drmannyonFOX
- Member of several professional societies such as Society of Prenatal Care, American Institute of Ultrasound and Medicine and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?