- Con to the question "Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?"
“So the question is, are unvaccinated parents putting the rest of our children at risk? Maybe a little. But in my opinion parents SHOULD have the right to make health care choices for their children. They should not be forced into vaccinating if they feel strongly against it.”
“Dr. Bob Sears Offers Advice in March 21st New York Times Health Section on Vaccine Choices Parents Make,” askdrsears.com, Aug. 30, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with advanced degrees in fields relevant to vaccines and healthcare. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to vaccines and healthcare.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Pediatrician (Capistrano Beach, CA)
- Recipient, Board Certification in Pediatrics, 1998
- Former Resident, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- Former Pediatric Intern, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1995
- Contact Info:
- Has appeared on TV shows such as Dr. Phil, Ellen DeGeneres, CNN’s House Calls, CBS Early Show, PBS’s A Place of Our Own
- Twitter handle is @DrBobSears
- Is one of eight children of William Sears, MD, pediatrician and founder of Sears Parenting Library, and Martha Sears, RN
- Legal name is Robert W. Sears
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?