- Co-founder and President of the National Vaccine Information Center
- Con to the question "Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?"
“[W]e are standing publicly for the legal right to follow our conscience when making educated vaccine decisions for our families.
Among us are parents with healthy children and those with children who have been hurt by one-size-fits-all vaccine mandates that ignore the genetic and biological differences which make some people more vulnerable than others for having severe reactions to prescription drugs and vaccines.
No American should be legally forced to play vaccine roulette with a child’s life…
If we cannot be free to make informed, voluntary decisions about which pharmaceutical products we are willing to risk our lives for, then we are not free in any sense of the word. Because if the State can tag, track down and force individuals against their will to be injected with biological products of unknown toxicity today, then there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the State can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow.”
Transcript, “Rally for Conscientious Exemption to Vaccination,” nvic.org, Oct. 16, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-founder and President, National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), 1982-present
- Member, Consumers United for Evidence Based Health Care, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2006 – present
- Member, Blue Ribbon Panel on Vaccine Safety, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), June 3-4, 2004
- Member, Vaccine Policy Analysis Collaborative: A US Government Experiment in Public Engagement, 2002-2005
- Member, Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, US Food and Drug Administration, 1999-2003
- Member, US Department of Health and Human Services
Vaccine Safety Forum, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, 1995-1998
- Member, National Vaccine Advisory Committee, 1988-1991
- Former Chairman, US Department of Health and Human Services Subcommittee on Vaccine Adverse Events
- BA, English, University of Maryland
- Worked with the US Congress to develop the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986
- Her oldest son was left with multiple learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder after a severe reaction to his fourth DPT shot in 1980 when he was two and a half years old
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Any Vaccines Be Required for Children?